Members of Association of European Investigators* share a singular responsibility for maintaining the integrity and trust of the private detective and investigative profession. In discharging this responsibility, we mutually pledge that:
- We will endeavour to perform our professional duties in accordance with the highest principles.
- We will direct our concerted efforts toward the support, advancement, elevation, and furtherance of high personal and professional conduct in the pursuance of business in our own communities, our respective countries, and with our fellow members wherever they may be.
- We will strive to strengthen the membership by selecting and approving for membership only those individuals qualified personally and professionally and whose business operations are conducted in an honest and legitimate manner.
- We will be faithful and diligence in carrying out assignments entrusted to us, and to determine the true facts and render honest, unbiased reports in reference thereto.
- We will respect the best interest of our clients by maintaining a high standard of performance and reporting to our clients the full facts ascertained as a result of the work and effort expended whether they be advantageous or detrimental to the interest of the client; and that nothing be withheld from the client save by the dictates of law.
- We will at all time perform our duties within the bounds of the law and will not permit nor demand of any employee nor fellow member any violation of the law or any manner of fraud.
- We will labour diligently and unceasingly to elevate the standard of practices of our agency members and will not tolerate unscrupulous invasion of our business contracts with clients by any member who intrudes knowingly and willfully for his own private advantage of financial gain to the detriment and/ or injury of another member.
- We will promote and protect the interest of our fellow members.
- We will further an honest and legitimate manner of operation and will preserve a client’s confidence beyond the term of employment of any private detective, investigator, or other employee; and other employment will not be accepted which involves the disclosure or use of the confidences either for the private advantage of the member or his employees, or to the disadvantage of the client without his knowledge and consent, even though there may be other available sources of information.
- We will respect the rights of our client and refrain from divulging information to newspapers or other publications in the protection of our clients and to prevent interference in the administration of justice or a fair trial in the courts.
- We will avoid controversies with fellow members concerning compensation by using some form of written agreement or letter which shall state terms or fees as agreed upon by both parties. At all times, we will remember that the private investigator/detective business is a profession and all financial dealings with clients should be handled on that bases; and that a private detective or investigator should accept no compensation; commission, rebate or other advantage from others without the knowledge and consent of his client. If necessary; we may resort to the courts to prevent injustice, imposition, or fraud.
- We will promote programs with educational intent designed to raise standards , improve efficiency, and increase effectiveness of the private/investigator detective profession.
- We will work together toward the achievement of the professional objectives of Association of European Investigators.
- We will observe strictly the precepts of truth, accuracy and prudence.
* Association of European Investigators was previously known as International Security and Investigations Service, I.S.I.S. in short. To distance ourselves from the terrorist organization we have changed the name in 2014.